There are several ways to spend less money and stay comfortable at home. These small steps can save you a lot! Here are 5 cheap ways to save energy in your home.
- Unplug Appliances and Turn Off Lights: Though some things are not in use, they still draw in a small amount of power. Things like kitchen appliances and televisions can be unplugged until you are ready to put them to use. Also, turn off your lights if they are not in use. Use natural light as your source of light.
- Seal it Up: Seal up cracks and gaps. Also, adding insulation to your home can help you save money on heating and cooling in your home.
- Switch Your Light Bulbs: Making the switch from incandescent light bulbs to energy-efficient compact fluorescent lights. Compact fluorescent bulbs use less energy than the standard incandescent light bulbs, and last longer.
- Conserve Water: There are low-flow fixture faucets that conserve water. You can use these for your shower and sinks to save energy. Every drop counts!.
- Programmable Thermostat: A programmable thermostat will automatically adjust the temperature in your home. This will allow you to save up to 10% on cooling and heating costs.