Along with the dog days of summer comes intensified heat and stronger sun, with higher utility bills often the result of this sweltering season.
Beat the heat and add to your utility expertise with energy-saving tips from Now Power Texas, designed to reduce electricity bills despite the blazing summer temps.
Use sunlight to your advantage
While the sun’s scorching rays certainly make everything heat up, you can still use nature to your benefit.
- Open windows on partially sunny or overcast days for a balmy breeze.
- Use natural light to illuminate your rooms and use overhead lights less.
- The best time of day to do this is in earlier morning hours or late afternoon, when the sun is no longer directly overhead.
- Consider investing in solar panels. These innovative home features are initially somewhat costly, but more than pay off with their ability to store solar energy and turn it into renewable power.
Be smart about heat-generating appliances
- Try to avoid running dishwashers, ovens/stoves, washing machines, and clothes dryers during peak sunlight times.
- When you run these machines during the hottest times of day, you cause your home’s A/C unit to have to work harder to cool the space, resulting in increased power consumption.
- If you need to cook midday, use smaller food preparation tools, such as microwaves, toasters, or toaster ovens. They use less energy to make meals or snacks.
Consider the pressure you put on your appliances
- Do not run your dishwasher or washing machine with half-full (or less) loads. Only run these appliances when full—but not overloaded—for optimal results when trying to conserve energy.
- Be careful not to overload these appliances, which will make them work in overdrive.
- If any of your appliances have energy-saving modes, use them!
Check out prepaid electricity plans
- Home energy-saving tips would not be complete without taking a look at your options for switching up your power plan altogether.
- Now Power Texas is the #1 provider of affordable, reliable prepaid and postpaid power plans.
- Postpaid power plans are the traditional route to take, where customers pay for their utility usage after the consumption has occurred.
- Prepaid energy plans allow customers to pay a set amount before the usage occurs, or at the beginning of the billing cycle.
- Choosing to enroll in a prepaid plan makes it easier for some consumers to track their usage habits in order to stay within their predetermined budget, adding funds if necessary to tide their accounts over until the end of the billing cycle.
- Prepaid customers are able to easily access and analyze their utility usage in real time thanks to Smart Meters, electronic devices installed in each home.
- Whether you choose to enroll in one of Now Power’s prepaid or postpaid plans, this trusted retail energy provider regularly rolls out new and exciting promotions and deals for added savings, including offers for free energy nights and weekends.
Don’t sit around in the dark! Reach out to a member of the Now Power Texas team today, and get hooked up quickly with a prepaid or postpaid power plan that’s perfectly suited for you.
NO credit check, NO deposit, and NO long-term contracts make Now Power Texas a great energy and cost-saving solution for you! Visit https://nowpowertexas.com/ for more information.